Monday 5 January 2009

Burn Baby Burn

OK, who's idea was it to wear tartan for the Burns Night I'm organising - What Me? Never? Oh Really? OOOPS
!
I have spent the last few weeks trying to find some sort of item of tartan clothing (preferably that doesn't make me look like the back end of a bus, or a refugee from a comedy sketch) and have had no luck at all - I wonder why!?

I gave up this afternoon and bought a metre of Cornish Tartan fabric, and will cover an Alice band, make a scrunchie, cover an old tie of Paul's and make him a fake kerchief for his jacket and a throw thing for my shoulder. If there's anything left I'll make a covering for Fred's collar!

Keep checking, I'm sure you'll have a good laugh when I post the photo's of the end results!

And now all I have to do is try and remember how to use the sewing machine - it hasn't seen the light of day for 12 months!

3 comments:

Sage said...

When I was down I was trying to get hold of some cornish tartan, where did you get yours from I just got blanks everywhere I tried.

Sage

Joanne said...

Hi
I got it from Truro Fabrics on Lemon Quay in Truro - Its a real treasure trove in there!

Sage said...

Cheers Joanne, didn't make it as far as Truro, will ensure that I make it that far when we are down in March...might or might not be on the bikes then so will have to suss out packing to leave room.