This one is totally for my new bloggy friend Miss Frugal.
I discovered her blog only yesterday, after following one of the links from another lady I follow regularly. The post I saw was for a lovely recipe for Chocolate Cinnamon Cake, and I just had to have a go at making it.
If you click on Miss Frugals name above you can go directly to her post for the recipe, and a look around her lovely blog, but if you want to get right down to the chocolate cake experience here is the recipe again for you
Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
175g brown sugar
200g self raising flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
• Pre-heat the oven to 180 c.
• Grease and line a 8 inch round cake tin.
• Put the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder and milk into mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
• Tip about half of the mixture into your baking tin and then spoon four or five blobs of chocolate spread on top of it.
• Put the rest of your mix into the baking tray and smooth it out.
• Use the skinny end of your spoon and swirl the mixture around a bit.
• Smooth it out again.
• Put the cake in the oven for about an hour or until the cake is springy to the touch
As you can see from the pictures, it was really really easy to make. I would say a total of about 7-10 minutes prep/mix time and then up to an hour in the oven depending on it's fierceness.
The best and I suppose only good bit of not having any children is that I get to lick the spoons - YUM!
and this is how my cake came out of the oven 40 minutes later...
it had risen beautifully and got a lovely deep brown colour to it.