Sunday 12 April 2009

I am soooo Cross

My Aunt, Uncle and 2 special needs cousins were off to Majorca this afternoon for a weeks Easter break.
I have just had a phone call from my Aunt, who was in tears, saying that one of my special needs cousin's had been dubbed a terrorist by the security staff at the airport, because the bleeper had gone off through the arch to the departure lounge.
They wanted to do a search. Now any mainstream person would understand that your clothing has to be checked for dangerous objects. This is not the case for a special needs person. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND, and as she would not let an unfamiliar person touch her, she quite rightly got very upset.
This in turn made the security staff decide that she was a danger to them and as such they were all forcabaly removed from the airport!!!
HOW DO THEY ARRIVE AT SUCH STUPID DECISIONS WHEN THEY CAN SEE THAT THE PERSON THEY ARE DEALING WITH IS NOT MAINSTREAM?

No comments: